We’re throwing it back with a classic MACARONI SOUP recipe and an Asian/Western Breakfast combo! Condensed milk toast (whaat) and spam? Keep watching to see why these recipes are one of the BEST breakfasts you can make at home!
CHAT WITH US! (we’re super active!!)
If you try making this at home, don’t forget to tag us (@nocilantrolife) in your video, IG, or TikTok post!
MORE STUFF TO WATCH:
○ ASIAN CHARCUTERIE BOARD | White Rabbit, Satay, Sushi & More!
○ How to Make the BEST Red Bean Soup You’ve Ever Had!
○ AVATAR: The Last Airbender Food Series | Uncle Iroh’s Jook (Congee) Recipe
So happy to finally bring you guys this video! Hong Kong cafes are amazing! They’re a dime a dozen in Flushing, NY so this is something we’re SUPER FAMILIAR with (and hope you guys are too!)
If you’re new to the idea of HK breakfast cafes, they serve a unique variety of food to say the least. One of them being MACARONI SOUP! It’s an Asian cult favorite that we recommend everybody to try! (You’ll either love it or NOT so love it!)
And something that’s more representative of the all-American breakfast: meat, eggs, toast! We’re using turkey spam, overeasy eggs, and white toast to assemble our HK breakfast combo. Sounds pretty basic – but have you ever tried white toast with condensed milk? (So underrated – we ate this for breakfast for the next 2 days after filming!)
Simple recipe but we hope this inspires you guys to make your own café breakfast at home!
Full recipe details below for fellow chefies that want to make this at home!
1. Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 tsp of salt.
2. When boiling, add 1 cup of macaroni elbows.
3. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from pot. Set aside for now.
5. Cut one slice of turkey spam into smaller chunks. Set aside.
6. Drain half a can of corn. Set aside.
7. Boil 2 cups of chicken stock on high heat.
8. Add in turkey spam, canned corn, and 1/4 cup frozen vegetable mix to stock.
9. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add cooked macaroni elbows.
11. Season stock with 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce, 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
12. Stir macaroni soup. Take off heat to serve.
HONG KONG BREAKFAST COMBO
All you need is:
– 1 egg, overeasy
– 2 white toast slices
– 2 tbsp condensed milk (to spread on toast)
– 2 spam slices (cook in pan until brown on both sides, 2 minutes each)
**Note: We mention this in the video as well! HK cafés usually serve breakfast combo variations (Set A, B, or C) that give you a choice of breakfast meat – spam, ham, etc.
Thanks for watching! LIKE the video if you enjoyed waking up and cooking breakfast with us! SHARE it with your friends if they love Asian breakfasts (or would love to try it) as well!
+ SUBSCRIBE to stay alert for what we’ve got coming up! We post every week!
We’ll see you guys next time!
Pillow Talk – Jeff Kaale
Down Lo – Kepler
You n’ I – eiiwun
Total Likes = 136
Total Dislikes = 7
Scroll Down to Read all Comments Below: